Saturday, March 28, 2015

Women of the Bible: Collector's CBS Edition


I've been visiting home for the past few days, and while I was home, my mom saw this magazine in the grocery store and picked it up so her and I could read through it. I find it so funny that I just had this little breakthrough in Genesis 21 when Sarah is given some approval by God, and then this magazine almost literally falls into my lap.

Y'all know I'm very interested in learning about my godly role as a woman, and Genesis 21 gave me my first good moment as far as women of the Bible are concerned. Then I read this magazine, and I'm introduced to the importance and relevance of so many other women in the Bible. A handful of them I've already read about, but many I won't read about until later on. For the ones I've read about, this magazine basically reiterated the conclusions I've already drawn, but it gave a more positive light on the lessons I can get from their stories. And I've realized how special it is that God also used (and is still using) women in His plan - not just men.

I really enjoyed this special edition magazine, and if you see it in your local grocery store, consider picking it up and giving it a read.

No comments:

Post a Comment