Saturday, February 28, 2015

Useful Commentary

So I officially started reading the Bible on February 13, and I've been moving along steadily since then with my readings. If you'll remember in my post covering Genesis 1, I had an "oh crap" moment and realized I had no idea what I was doing as far as reading the Bible and interpreting it. So I ended up scouring the internet for advice on how to properly analyze God's Word so I could correctly apply it to my life. Well, during that scouring I came across a website full of incredibly helpful commentary, and I've been using it to help me understand my readings. I wanted to share it with y'all since I've found it to be so useful.

The website is called BibleTrack. It has a very plain and basic layout, but the information I've found is awesome. And what I love is that the different commentaries are grouped to follow my chronological reading plan. If you follow that link you'll notice that "day 1" says to read Genesis 1-3. Then, on BibleTrack, chapters 1-3 of Genesis are their own commentary. So I'm not having to read commentary from one chapter then having to go find another chapter's commentary. It's set up so that I can click on my chapters for the day's reading, and I have everything I need on one page.

BibleTrack is maintained by Pastor Wayne D Turner, and I really like how he writes his commentaries. They're conversational in tone, and they have a touch of humor. I feel like it's pretty similar to how I write (or at least try to).

Anyway, I've just found this website to be super useful, and I wanted to share it so it can help y'all with your own Bible journeys, too. I've also added it to my navigation bar so you can find it easily if you end up using it as much as I have been. If you do check it out, let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment